Pilates BenefitsBeneficial for people of all ages, aptitudes and fitness levels, Pilates is more than a passing exercise trend.
Pilates has enjoyed a recent surge in popularity, due in part to celebrity endorsements. After years of high-impact, make-em-sweat, feel-the-burn fitness workouts, there is great appeal in a slower, safer, sensible approach to health and wellness.
Pilates conditions the body from head to toe with a no- to low-impact approach suitable for all ages and abilities. It requires patience and practice, but results will follow.
Beware of Pilates programs that promise dramatic weight loss or overnight transformations. That's not what pure Pilates is about. However, with time and dedication, Pilates practice can:
- Improve strength, flexibility and balance.
- Tone and build long, lean muscles without bulk.
- Challenge deep abdominal muscles to support the core.
- Engage the mind and enhance body awareness.
- Condition efficient patterns of movement making the body less prone to injury.
- Reduce stress, relieve tension, boost energy through deep stretching.
- Restore postural alignment.
- Create a stronger, more flexible spine.
- Promote recovery from strain or injury.
- Increase joint range of motion.
- Improve circulation.
- Heighten neuromuscular coordination.
- Offer relief from back pain and joint stress.
- Correct over-training of muscle groups which can lead to stress and injury.
- Enhance mobility, agility and stamina.
- Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activity.
- Improve the way your body looks and feels.
Advertiser Links for pilates